Thursday, February 22, 2007

Exercising is more effective than dieting

I saw an article that said that dieting is just as effective as diet and exercising when someone is trying to lose weight. I could not believe what I was reading. There is no way in hell that just dieting alone is as effective as dieting and exercising when trying to lose weight.
First, exercising is more effective than dieting when trying to lose weight. If it was not, then why do health experts tell us to always go to the gym and get a lot of cardio when doing so? Humans need to burn calories and exercising is one of the most effective ways to do so. Dieting is helpful when trying to lose weight and people should always try to eat healthy, but to so that it is as effective is not true.
I have many friends who do not have the time to exercise as much as they would like and so they diet. While they do lose weight, it is not as much as they would like and always seem to be not in a good mood.
Not only does working out help you lose weight, I think that it allows you to relax and clear your head. It is for some people a chance to get away for a little while. To just put those headphones on and go.
Whereas dieting just makes you upset that you cannot eat certain things while watching others eat them in front of you. Also, I find it a lot harder to keep on my diet than it is to get into a gym routine. I look forward to getting done with work and go to the gym. I do not look forward to eating a meal that I probably am not going to like.

No comments: